Barbados is a small island in the Caribbean with many activities.
These are 10 things to do while staying here:
- Take a drive – If you can afford to rent a car, I recommend taking a drive around the island. It would take about 6 hours max. depending on traffic, any stops made and once you dont become lost. Maybe leave where you’re staying before midday and go around the east coast to take in the picturesque view and end off in the west to catch the beautiful sunset. Of course passing through the north and south of the island as well.
- Visit the Boardwalk – Starting by Accra beach, take a stroll along the shore breathing in the fresh air.It’s really an amazing spot for the sunset.
- Go to the beaches – Whether it’s to take a stroll or a dip the beaches are amazing. The west coast beaches are much calmer than the east coast and sunsets are beautiful.
- The Atlantis Submarine – it’s amazing how marine life is and the best way to see it is to go in the submarine! The fish, turtles and appearances of octopus close up is amazing. You get to see more so I wouldn’t spoil it for you😜.
- Oistins on a Friday Night – There’s food, drinks and a DJ. It’s a Friday night liming spot for people of all ages.
- Visit Harrison’s Cave – it’s been upgraded over the years and I swear it’s a better experience now. They give you a rundown of the history, explain stalactites and stalagmites and throw in a few surprises here and there for you.
- Island Safari Tour- Be prepared to get dirty and do not wear white. The guys aren’t allowed to drive as rough as they used to but I’m sure it’s still fun. You go through tracks and up hills to so e picturesque views in the east.
- Visit Bay Tavern – Located in the east of the country, it’s a Thursday liming spot for everyone. There are options to eat outside or in their newly renovated building.
- Eat at Chefette – This is Barbados’ fast food restaurant with 13+ locations. I believe there’s about 3 restaurants in Bridgetown alone.
- Visit Bridgetown – How could you visit without taking a walk in the capital. Go window shopping or souvenir shopping at Cave Shepherd, walk through busy Swan St. and visit Independence Square.
This is a list of 10 things to do in Barbados. With plenty more activities to do and places to to, you may want to stay for Atleast a week or more.