After watching Krystal Everdeen’s videos on how to crochet tops, I’ve been crocheting a lot. I have made 4 tops for myself, another 2 that aren’t finished because I need padding and started a granny square blanket. I even started crocheting christmas décor. Those will appear during blogmas.
Anyways, I wish I could start selling tops for next summer. The problems with me doing that, is:
- Yarn. I think using cotton yarn just might be batter because of less fuzz and if your top gets wet then it might not lose it’s shape too quickly(?). I only ever see worsted 4 acrylic yarn here, along with baby yarn and a cozy looking one, and pure cotton yarn is expensive here from the factory!
- Sizing. I don’t know how to make different sizes. Preferably XS, S, M and L. (to fit 30 A to 36C)
- Patterns. I need more.
- Pricing. I know people here aren’t going to want to spend a buttload of money on an average looking top.
- Platform. I would start an Instagram page.
- Selling. I’ll start locally first so I can make deliveries in person. I’m not too sure about shipping overseas.
I honestly don’t know what to do. If anyone has tips on how to deal with these problems, please, please leave a comment. It would be great help.
These are tops I have made so far (and are not for next year):
The coral one is by Krystal Everdeen so I don’t think I should make some to sell without her permission!