Everyone wants new things for the start of a new school year. I know I got new things every year except for last year. I would change things up a bit and after watching Laurdiy back to school diy’s, I freaking loved decorating my things.
I can only use what I have at home seeing as allowance and a job is non-existent sooo here goes.
- A notebook
- Gift wrap paper
- Card stock
- Fold your gift wrap paper in half (hamburger style) and cut it
- Open your book and fold in the edges. Don’t forget to cut away the bit at the top of the spine. That would help wih the opening
- Use some clear tape and stick it to your skin to reduce the stickiness. Stick the folded edges onto the book. You can glue the corners of he folded paper down for extra hold but only when you know when the paper is not too tight and would rip.
- Measure your card stock and cut it down to size. This will hide the folded areas of the gift wrap paper.
- Glue the card stock for the front cover on the inside.
- Measure out your elastic to how slack or tight you wish for it to be.
- Glue the elastic to the back cover on the folded gift wrap paper.
- Glue the card stock to cover the paper and elastic.
- Cut out any shape you like for a name tag and glue it anywhere you want on the front of the book.
Boom. Done. I feel like the elastic was necessary for me because I’m very bad with keeping my books looking nice. I found a video where a girl designed her agenda book online and added the elastic. I thought it would be nice for a notebook.
If you try it out, tweet me a picture of it @EnchantedxCharm with #EnchantedDIY or leave a comment below.