The inspiration for this top came from this picture I found on Pinterest :
- Size 4 yarn
- Size 5mm hook
- Needle and Thread
- Padding or flesh coloured materials
This top uses 2 types of stitches and 1 pattern.
- Start off by crocheting a row of chains to fit around the front half of your body (I.e from where the side seam to side seam would be on your shirt.
- Chain 2 and crochet the first row with double crochets
- When you reached the end, chain 1 and single crochet down the row skipping the 1st and second last stitch so you can start to decrease.
- Odd number of rows = double crochets
- Even number of rows = single crochets
- Do this as far as you desire. when you reach the end of the halter top fo not cut the string.
- Single crochet all around the top
- Chain 4 and flip your top over and count 2 stitches and go into the 3rd stitch
- Chain 2,count 2 stitches and go into the 3rd stitch (Do this until you get around to the other side of the top)
- When you get to the other side, make 50 chains (+1) and go back down on it with single crochets. This will make 1 strap for the neck.
- Go into those 2 chains you would’ve previously made and fill them in with scallops. That is 5 double crochets and chain 1.
- When you get into the bottom corner, make 70 chains (+1) and go back down on it with single crochets. This will make the rib strap.
- Make scallops in all of the chained spaces to the next corner.Make 70 chains (+1) and go back down on it with single crochets. This will make the 2nd rib strap.
- And once again make scallops into those chained spaces and then when you reach the top,make 50 chains (+1) and go back down on it with single crochets. This will make 1 strap for the neck.
If you don’t remember how to make scallops you can follow this video :
Here are pictures of my top:
If you like it and you tried it you can tweet me @EnchantedxCharm with #EnchantedDIY