I have seen this top on Pinterest months ago and it seems to be a favorite of most. The first time I tried to make it, it wasn’t working out. I tried a few months later and concentrated so hard on it I got as close as possible.i will only explain as well as I can, a couple rows because after that it’s kind of repeating itself.
- Size 3 or 4 yarn
- 3.25 ( for size 3 yarn) or 5 mm hook
- Needle and thread
- Padding or skin colored material
- Start off by crocheting a row of chains to fit around the front half of your body (I.e from where the side seam to side seam would be on your shirt. Make sure it is an even number.
- Chain 2 and crochet double crochet all the way along and do that for 4 rows
- From row 5 is where the pattern starts. Skip the first stitch after you chain 2. This will start the decrease of the top
- Mark where the 2 central double crochets are. Skip the first stitch and crochet unil you get to the 2 stitches before the central 2 double crochets.
- Do not go into those 2 stitches before the central 2, however chain 2 and then double crochet into the 2 central ones.
- Chain 2 to skip the next 2 writhes and continue double crocheting all the way down the row making sure to skip the 2nd last stitch.
- For row 6 double crochet all the way up until the stitch before the chain 2 on the previous row. Chain 1 to skip the stitch and double crochet in to the space. Chain 1 and then double crochet into the 2 central double crochets. Chain 1, double crochet into the stitch, chain 1 to skip the stich and double crochet all the way to the end not forgetting to decrease at the end.
- Row 7, chain 2 and decrease the start of the row and double crochet. Chain 1 to skip a stitch,double crochet on either side of the double crochet in row 6,chain 1, double crochet in the 2 central double crochets,chain 1,double crochet on either side of double crochet in row 6, chain 1 to skip a stich and then crochet all the way to the end and decrease.
- Row 8,Chain 2,decrease and double crochet . Chain 2 and crochet into the first 2 double crochets in row 7, chain 1, double crochet into the 2 central double crochets,chain 1,double crochet into the last 2 double crochets of row 7 and chain 2. Continue double crocheting and decreasing at the end.
This pattern would just be repetitive as you go wider so follow the picture and hopefully it works out.
When you get to the end of your top it’s time for the straps. Do not cut your yarn.
Using size 4 yarn, you create the straps by crocheting 50 chains (+1) and single crochet down for the neck straps and for the other 2 straps, crochet 70 chains (+1) and crochet back down it. Single crochet along the bottom and repeat the pattern starting with the 2 rib straps and then the neck.
Voila your top is done unless you choose to add padding or flesh coloured material.
If you try it out, tweet me a picture of it @EnchantedxCharm with #EnchantedDIY or leave a comment below.
Also please remember your size might not be the same as everyone and you need to either add more rows depending on your size in the boob department