I first made one of these bags back in 2nd Form…at the age of 14. I put my lady products into and I still have it 5 years later. I made a 2nd one of which I sold to a girl.
For this one I changed up the pattern a little bit. Those 2 I made in 2nd Form were all treble crochet. This bag uses double and single crochet. You can make this bag as big as you would like, mine however are small enough to fit necessary things and pop it into my backpack.
- Size 4 Yarn of your choice
- Size 5.5mm crochet Hook
- A 6 inch zip
- Needle and thread
1. I crocheted a chain of 21 (+ 2 to chain up)
2. The odd rows will be double crochet
3. The even rows will be single crochet
I ended up with 13 rows of double crochets 12 rows of single crochets.
4. Sew up the sides, with the wrong sides face out, with single crochet.
5. You can either add lining and a zipper or only a zipper (once things wouldn’t fall through the little holes between stitches). Follow the video above as it is a great tutorial.
That’s it. You’re done
I hope you enjoy this project and tell me how you found it to work out.
You can also tag me in your creations on twitter @EnchantedxCharm with #EnchantedDIY or leave a comment below !😄